Some (possibly) helpful hints in converting DBTextworks to Marc records.
We have cracked the problem I had with converting the DBTextwork file I had created (which looked fine until the Marcedit was run over it and all the fields just ran into each other)) by doing the following in Marcedit
We did the patron and loans conversions and went live about a month ago. The staff have all been enthusiastic about Koha. So far, we’ve done two custom modifications: Membership cards and labels and full Gaylord book labels. Continue reading
The catalog records for books are selected and exported. DBTextCatalog will convert them into MARC records, which can then be bulk imported into Koha. The MARC record will have a 952 field for each physical volume.
The DBText borrower database needs to be converted into a comma delimited file in the proper format to be loaded into Koha via Import Patrons in the Tools menu. Most of the fields can be mapped into the corresponding Koha fields. The branch code and an initial password need to be added. We have added a number of fields to DBText that will be needed by Koha.
DBTextMembers is patterned after DBTextCheck. It can be downloaded here. It does some formatting checks on phone numbers and dates.
DBTextCheck will check exported borrower, catalog or loans files for blank records or missing required fields. The name of the file to be checked is the only required parameter. Blank record output defaults to DBTblanks.csv. Records missing required fields will be written to DBTinvalid.csv.
DBTextCheck will produce a summary of each field showing the field name, blank count, maximum length and number of CR/LFs in the field. DBTextCheck can be downloaded here Continue reading